Thursday, March 20, 2008
Short Story
This week I began writing my short story, and I chose to write about a girl who lives in Hawaii and was an avid surfer. The conflict evolves when The Marriot Resort chain sends a letter notifying Morgan (the main character) and her dad about a new plan to set up a hotel on their beach. At this, the whole beach is mortified, but the only person who actually took action was Morgan and her guy friends (who are big surfers). They convinced the Van Tour to come to their beach for a competition and if one of the surfers wins, they keep the beach. Morgan ends up winning the competition, and the resolution is a surf school set up on the beach where Morgan and her friends are able to continue riding the waves. It might sound like some Disney channel movie, but with description and real sounding dialogue, I'm hoping to make the structure and format of the story more complex. Hopefully all of these elements come together as I continue to advance the story of a surfer who stands up for her beach.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment