Sunday, March 16, 2008
All The Pretty Horses #2
I'm having a difficult time getting through All The Pretty Horses by Cormac McCarthy because of some of the Spanish in dialogue and also frequent and wordy descriptions used about horses, landscapes, and characters. The plot is pretty entertaining, but those elements tend to trip me up. I'm also a little behind in the reading, and I feel very rushed having to read so many pages every night with everything else going on. So far, my favorite event is when John Grady was able to train all the wild horses and show his boss that he was very skilled. At the same time, I'm empathetic for Rawlins because he gets hardly any recognition (even though his riding skills aren't up to the level of John Grady), and has to continue working with the others while John Grady tends to the stallion and eventually gets them into trouble. As far as I am in the book, I'm interested (even though we've discussed some of it in class) to see how their friendship is affected by these tests.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment