Wednesday, March 19, 2008
All the Pretty Horses (end..)
I finally finished All the Pretty Horses by Cormac McCarthy, but I wasn't very impressed by the ending. The long stretch where John Grady was with the captain and the charro was probably my least favorite part of the book because it was difficult to follow, and the descriptions seemed endless. I believe McCarthy wanted this feel to give that section somewhat of a depressing tone, and signify that stage in John Grady's life. Also, the scene before that when John Grady was in the shoot out with the horses and the owners of the barn was very scattered, but again, this could represent the confusion that all of the characters experienced during that scene and their frantic emotions to stay alive. Overall, I thought All The Pretty Horses was an okay novel with some fast sections, but sometimes over descriptive in the setting or about the horses (although this makes sense with the title).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment