Sunday, October 7, 2007

Memoir

I thought writing a memoir was a unique experience to reflect and see how I've grown in an experience. The event that I chose was when I went to Studio City, California to record a demo CD at my Aunt Janie's house. Exhilaration was the emotion that I believed was the most suitable for the situation because I felt that way about the music being created, the new opportunities that were presented to me, the people I met, California in general, and turning my dreams into reality. I traveled there the summer before eigth grade with a load of new songs, and I met a lot of colorful characters (and names) like Norwood Cheek and Peele Wimberly. With Norwood mixing (and a lot more), Peele on percussion, and me on vocals and guitar, we recorded the album "Bigger than Me". Overall, the experience was very influencial to my musical side and to my perspective on the hard road to becoming a musician. The stylistic tichniques I portrayed were repetition in the phrase "We think we set our goals too high, but when we reach for the sky..." (a lyric to a recorded song), and imagery in my senses when I was playing and recording. I concluded the memoir by revealing the hope that was awakened in me through that opportunity and how persuing my passion lead me to feel many emotions, but most of all exhilaration.

3 comments:

Julie Sierks said...

Anna, your musical experience in California sounds so fun! I remember when you were going on that trip, and I was so excited for your CD to come out. The experience sounded so fun meeting all the singers and recording with them. I hope a new CD come out soon! PS: I really like "Bigger Than Me" and the songs sometimes get stuck in my head.

Kansas said...

i hope the amount you write in your blogs isnt the minimum because wow. i write at most half of that.

Lucia said...

Anna this is so cool! I never knew any of this! I know you sing and play guitar but recording must have been such a great experience for you. And what a great thing to write about also! I would love to hear your song!