Thursday, November 15, 2007

Outside Reading Quarter 2

For my Outside Reading book, I chose My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult. I received many recommendations from friends and family who read it saying it was a fast read but very sad. Even though I'm already getting a piece of that impression after only being a few pages into it, I believe the book will be a good page-turner and suspenseful. So far in the novel, there is a character Anna who describes herself as different than most kids a sense of maturity and curiosity about the nature of simple events. For example, instead of just acknowledging a family, she wonders why and how families choose the amount of kids they have. After this description, Anna went to a pawn shop to sell a necklace that seemed to have significant emotional value, but the reason for this is unknown this far in the novel. I'm looking forward to discovering more truths about this character as the book unfolds.

No comments: