Friday, November 2, 2007
"All My Sons" Reflection
Overall, I enjoyed "All my Sons" by Arthur Miller. The plot was interesting to predict as it unfolded throughout the play, and the events were fairly different from any other book we've read in school. Miller structured the story in a way that the reader jumped into the perspective of the characters right off the bat in the beginning of the play. After a while of learning the situations of the characters, I developed an opinion on the case between Joe Keller and Steve Deever that Keller was innocent. When the truth behind Keller was revealed in the end of Act II I was surprised because the secret was covered up so well up to that point. As for the theme of the story, I think that it revolves around making decisions relative to family and strangers. In my opinion, it is right to put strangers before family, but only to a certain extent. In Joe's case, he chooses to harm soldiers in order to maintain his job and financial income for his family. I believe that decision was inappropriate and selfish, which reflects Joe's character. Joe's behavior reflects the Keller families decisions throughout "All my Sons", but despite this fact, the play was entertaining.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment