The 400 Blows Film Literature Review
Overall, the film, The 400 Blows, effectively portrayed the desired story line of a boy’s way of life in France around the year 1959. The film was presented in the perspective of Antoine Doinel (Jean-Pierre Léaud), so the plot was centralized on the views of a child. As a result, Antoine’s parents, Gilberte and Julian Doinel (Claire Maurier and Albert Rémy), are reflected as annoyances who impede and discipline Antoine’s amusement and options in life. In general, I enjoyed the film because it demonstrated a great amount of French culture in that time, and it is interesting to compare that with the development of American culture also in that time period.
Friday, October 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey Anna!
I agree! This movie really showed a lot about French culture. I wasn't execited about it at first, but reading the subtitles wasn't all that bad, even though I know ZERO French.
Post a Comment